Thank you everyone for your presence at the College Prize giving last night - Fantastic community feel. Throughout the year we have stressed the one "schoolness" of St Paul's- one gate, one uniform one College Dinner, one community of expectation etc. - One prizegiving!
Main points from last night:
1) Starting Time for ALL
in correct uniform Year 11 2017 will need a blazer for the first day. Tuesday 31st Tuesday January
at 8.30 am
College Assembly. Homework set: Period 2.
2) Boys in all Year levels require a digital Chrome Book
as part of equipment (see our website under BYOD
3) All boys in Year 7 & 8 to learn a musical instrument
4) University Entrance
(UE) is the goal for all men at SPL. In 2017 - for the Year 13s especially.
5) We will be strong on learning behaviours which promote academic achievement
(e.g. teaching, organisation, engagement, etc) Intolerance of behaviours which do not lead to achievement. (e.g lack of attendance, punctuality, not having correct equipment, disruption, etc. )
6) Enrolment of family - College Dinner Thursday March 9th at 6pm
for all family as a start to many "enrolment of the family" functions.
of boys invited to be more present in the service of their son's school in 2017.
8) College fees
- are expected to be paid by every family within that term. An important duty. More important than the sky subscription or Netflix.
9) All boys Year 7-13 expected to do 20 hours of service
in their own time for their community and recorded as evidence.
10) All St Paul's parents
invited to give 20 hours next year to their son's school in many areas. Let the imagination soar.
11) The fitness of all boys
at St Paul's College needs improvement. Expect some extra cross country runs in 2017.