This year’s KRS Internship was hotly contested with a number of applications coming in from all across the country. The final nine who joined us in January, have got off to a roaring start, not least of all because many of them… already know each other…
Unbeknownst to each other, former school chums Nadav, Anton and Sean all applied and were accepted for the internship, while Themba from Pretoria arrived in Cape Town to discover he’d been at school with existing staff member Arnold. Other participants hail from Bloemfontein, East London and Cape Town, but no matter where they come from, all will leave with a deeper, practical understanding of their chosen career.
Here’s a snapshot of what the ‘canny-nine’ are covering:
- Scrum Training - overview of the process and practical implementation for three sprints
- TDD - Test Driven Development with a focus on Test First principles
- DDD - Domain Driven Design - a focus on understanding Entities, Value Objects and Aggregates
- An introduction to SQL with stored procedures including joining tables and normalization
- Connection from C# to SQL using an Object Relational Mapper called Dapper.
- OWIN Self Hosted Web API 2 - the backend web API
The front-end is a Single Page Application, which is responsive and has the following frameworks: Bootstrap, Knockout, jQuery written in TypeScript.